From: Rick V. Martija
Subject: Tcl/Tk
Can someone tell me what Tcl/Tk is?  Also, where can I get further
info about it?

Thanks,
Rick

From: Christian Moen
Subject: Re: Tcl/Tk
   Can someone tell me what Tcl/Tk is?  Also, where can I get further
   info about it?

Tcl is an abbrevation for "Tool Command Language" and is pronounced
"tickle". Tcl is a very fast, neat, interpreted, embedded language
invented by John Ousterhout (······@cs.berkeley.edu).

Tk is an extension to Tcl which provides the programmer an extension
to a window system. The combination of Tcl and Tk is very powerful and
is often used through "wish", a windowing shell. There are wish'es
available for many major window systems. Please note that it's also
possible to impliment Tcl/Tk using their respective C libraries.

If you want more information, I'd recommend you to get the drafts on
Ousterhouts book on Tcl/tk from ftp.cs.berkeley.edu:/ucb/tcl. Source
code and other papers/packages are also available in this dir. Much
information and Tcl/Tk related packages are also available on
harbor.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/tcl.

Hope this helps.

--
/ Christian Moen - ········@ifi.uio.no - http://www.ifi.uio.no/~christim/  \
\ Fjellbirkeland 21A 114, N-0864 Oslo, Norway - Tel: +47 22 187103 - *<8O) /
From: Rick V. Martija
Thanks to all those who responded!!!

Rick