From: Ralf Lehmann
Subject: Info on Gold Hill lisp ?
Hi everybody!
I'm posting this on behalf of my dad.  He wants to buy a lisp package
and was wondering about the difference between the 2 packages offered
by Gold Hill.  In The Shop catalog, there are:
1) Common Lisp Development (12 lbs., list $1995, theirs $895)
2) Golden Common Lisp (3 lbs., list $350, theirs $319)

Is the first one a huge professional thing ?
Does it include the second one ?
Would the second one be enough to do serious things ?
How small a subset of Common Lisp is the second one ?
I also heard a rumor that Gold Hill is not doing too well,
close to bankrupcy, etc.  Are these rumors founded ?

Any comments and recommendations welcome !

Ralf.