From: ···@sef-pmax.slisp.cs.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: CMU-CL on a RS/6000
    From: Gilles Serasset <···············@imag.fr>

    I would like to use CMU COmmon Lisp on a RS/6000 machine. However, I only
    found a sun version.
    Does CMU-CL exist on a RS/6000 ?

No.  At one time we really wanted to do this port, but we have very few
RS/6000's on campus, and IBM declined to support such a port by making some
RS/6000 machines available to us.

It's very unlikely to happen now, since our group is now focused on
building an environment for Dylan.  We do hope to port our Dylan
environment to the PowerPC, perhaps including IBM's version of it.

-- Scott

Scott E. Fahlman			Internet:  ····@cs.cmu.edu
Senior Research Scientist		Phone:     412 268-2575
School of Computer Science              Fax:       412 681-5739
Carnegie Mellon University		Latitude:  40:26:33 N
5000 Forbes Avenue			Longitude: 79:56:48 W
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
From: Ade Barkah
···@sef-pmax.slisp.cs.cmu.edu wrote:
:     From: Gilles Serasset <···············@imag.fr>
:
:     I would like to use CMU COmmon Lisp on a RS/6000 machine. However, I only
:     found a sun version.
:     Does CMU-CL exist on a RS/6000 ?

: No.  At one time we really wanted to do this port, but we have very few
: RS/6000's on campus, and IBM declined to support such a port by making some
: RS/6000 machines available to us.

Which architechtures CMU-CL currently runs on ?

-Ade