From: k p c
Subject: Re: Anyone used ilisp with gnu emacs 19.22?
·····@uvacs.cs.Virginia.EDU (Robert Wesley Bingler) writes:
> 	Has anyone had used ilisp with gnu emacs 19.22?  I can't get it
> to work at all.  I keep getting this error message when I compile it:

> 	Symbol's value as variable is void: comint-version

FSF's comint doesn't include comint-version, I think because they
didn't think it was necessary.  If you add (defvar comint-version
"2000") to your .emacs, you should be on your way.  I use FSF's comint
with ilisp 5.3 in FSF emacs 19.21 with no problems after doing that.

ilisp is a good package with very few bugs.  The only customizations I
find necessary to get it to be just about ideal are to turn off popper
and to rebind [ and ] to ( and ).  I personally prefer ilisp's
interface and API to Allegro's emacs interface and API, and ilisp
works with other dialects, too.  I recommend ilisp to anybody who runs
lisp and uses emacs.

--
···@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov.  Interests: multidisciplinary neuroethology, AI, HCI.
Free & private speech are vital to democracy on mankind's very future, the net.