From: Raymond Butte
Subject: Need common lisp interpreter for Intel box
Hi,

	The subject line says most of it.  I have a ix86, x >= 3, and would
	like to obtain a free/PD Common Lisp interpreter that will build and
	install fairly easily.  I've tried several lisps [kcl,AKCL,oaklisp,etc]
	and haven't found one that will build and install easily.

	Is there a "preferred" version out there?  Any pointers or
	suggestions would be appreciated.

	Thanks

	-raymond

--
---
ยทยทยท@locus.com			Less heat, more light...

From: Peter Ward
Subject: Re: Need common lisp interpreter for Intel box
I have just downloaded common lisp from

ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de

directory

/pub/lisp/clisp

Have installed it. It runs. Not played with it seriouslty yet.
--

Pete Ward                   I know it's irrational but at times
Mondas IT Ltd               of stress I take great comfort from
From: Peter Ward
Forgot to say that there is a list of PD compilers and
interpreters in the FAQ for comp.compilers

I just used Archie, got the list and savoured it.