From: Scott McLoughlin
Subject: Types
Howdy,
        Sorry about the cryptic subject line, but it's hard to
summerize my q...
        Do the condition types in (handler-case) and (handler-bind)
have to be defined when the macro is evaluated or can they be defined
at some later point (dynamically, that is).
        This question leads me to the more general question:  when
_must_ types already be defined.  Structure inheritance requires that
the parent structure type already be defined.  Are there other cases?
        Am I missing a general discussion of this issue buried deep
inside CLtL2?  Is there literature available on DEFTYPE issues and
implementations?
        P.S. Thanks to all who responded to my structure inheritance
question.

Scott McLoughlin
Conscious Computing