From: Amit Sud
Subject: getting started with lisp
From: Eyvind Ness
Subject: Re: getting started with lisp
In article <··········@usenet.rpi.edu> ····@jec324.its.rpi.edu (Amit Sud) writes:

  ;; After seeing all the postings in this newsgroups, this may be a
  ;; little out of place but I want to learn Lisp. Could anyone suggest
  ;; any good books or reference material which would make my life a
  ;; little bit easier.

The excellent FAQ for Lisp lists a lot of relevant book references.  The
FAQ is on-line with URL:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/faq/

It contains:

   CHANGE.LOG           Log of changes to the Lisp FAQ
   lisp_1.faq           Part 1 -- Intro and Bibliography
   lisp_2.faq           Part 2 -- General Questions
   lisp_3.faq           Part 3 -- Programming Pitfalls
   lisp_4.faq           Part 4 -- Lisp Implementations and Mailing Lists
   lisp_5.faq           Part 5 -- Object-oriented Programming in Lisp
   lisp_6.faq           Part 6 -- FTP Archives and Resources
   lisp_7.faq           Part 7 -- Lisp Window Systems and GUIs
   lisp_faq.faq         FAQs about the Lisp and Scheme FAQs

I think you should take a closer look at Part 1.

Pointers to the FAQ and the FAQ itself is posted to this group on a
regular basis.

Cheers,
Eyvind.