From: Ben A. Mesander
Subject: Bozo lisp vs. the world arguments - make a new newsgroup
Perhaps one of you people with enough free time to carry on endless
lisp vs. C++ vs. tcl vs. ... type arguments could do a call for votes
for comp.lang.lisp.advocacy or something similar and take such
discussion there.

--
Ben Mesander                This is not official USGS policy, etc.
Copyright (c) 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988 AT&T

From: Len Charest
In article <················@piglet.cr.usgs.gov>,
Ben A. Mesander <···@piglet.cr.usgs.gov> wrote:
>Perhaps one of you people with enough free time to carry on endless
>lisp vs. C++ vs. tcl vs. ... type arguments could do a call for votes
>for comp.lang.lisp.advocacy or something similar and take such
>discussion there.

Lighten up. It's not like the language wars are drowning out any other
meaningful discussion....

--
Len Charest, Jr.				=Speed=of=Lightning==>
JPL Artificial Intelligence Group
From: Martin Rodgers
           ···@piglet.cr.usgs.gov "Ben A. Mesander" writes:

> Perhaps one of you people with enough free time to carry on endless
> lisp vs. C++ vs. tcl vs. ... type arguments could do a call for votes
> for comp.lang.lisp.advocacy or something similar and take such
> discussion there.

I'll vote for that! I'd rather not read a reason for or against
using any language, as people apparently continue to use their
chosen languages for whatever reasons they have, regardless of
what many other people think.

My reason for using Lisp, Forth, C, or whatever I may use, is
simply, "because I can". Why say more? :-)

Also, it would help if we could have threads about more than one
language without having to justify the use of any of them. Perhaps
then we might see something of real interest, instead of endless
"my language is better than yours" debates. I have this dream...

--
Future generations are relying on us
It's a world we've made - Incubus