From: John Watton
Subject: Anyone install CLISP on sun4-sunos4.1.2 - Need help!
I obtained the most recent CLISP binaries from the ftp site but they will
not work. The README says to type "lisp.run -M lispinit.mem" which gives
me the following error:

cannot map memory to address 234909696: errno = EINVAL: Invalid argument
lisp.run: not enough memory for initialisation

Just running lisp.run will work but this is apparently just a kernel image
and most lisp functionality is in lispinit.mem. As for not enough memory I
have 48 Mbytes of ram and much swap.

The tar file I obtained was clisp-sun4c.tar which the README says is known
to run on SunOS 4.1.3 but I need to run 4.1.2 because of a Symbolics
coprocessor.

I would appreciate any clues. Thank-you in advance.

--
John Watton
······@atc.alcoa.com