From: Benjamin Kleinman
Subject: scheme in school
Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
Subject: help teach scheme

I'll be TAing a class at Tulane Univ. next semester and am looking for some
ideas/advice on content and approach.
Feedback from last years class revealed that students didn't really know why
or how scheme should be used and what benefits it had over C/C++.
Now, I know that that's a well worn thread, but if some of you could either
post or mail (········@cs.tulane.edu) suggestions I'd appreciate it.
Background: The class is a lab for Programming LAnguages, which compares
languages and traces their development from Fortran and LISP to Smalltalk
and ADA. The students are mostly Juniors who are familiar with C++, Fort.,
and PASCAL.
This bunch of bits from Ben       Member of Team Hillel
········@cs.tulane.edu            Show your Jewish pride -- go to services
By the way I use OS/2 2.1         I can't tell you more 'cause I've told you
And I LIKE it                     already.