From: f.r.mitchell
Subject: Help! Problems with CLIM
Hi,
	I've just recently started trying to program in CLIM(v2.0) under
Sun OpenLook, and I'm experiencing some teething troubles that I was wondering
if anybody could help me with.

   Basically I would like to know how to

	a) specify exactly the coordinates of a button, textfield etc.,
	without having to use "horizontally" and "vertically" functs.
	b) Be able to read, from any point in the program, at any time,
	the current value of a text-field, list, menu, etc.

Or to put it in context, I want my program to

	put textfield A, at X1,Y1, textfield B at X2,Y2, button C, at X3,Y3,
	button D at X4,Y4, etc.. When button C is pressed the current values
	of A and B are passed to function F1.

I've had a look at the manual and it is not very clear how to do it. So if
anybody could help I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Fraser
*'For God so loved the world, that he gave his own son, so that         |   *
* *whoso-ever* believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting  -(+)- *
*life. For Christ did not come into the world to condemn it, but to     |   *
*be its saviour. John 3v16-17					        |   *
*Fraser Mitchell, University of Aberdeen, Scotland.  ········@csd.abdn.ac.uk*