From: Brian D. Stark
Subject: Interupting LISP
I'm writing a planning and scheduling system in Austin Kyoto Common Lisp.
The system runs in real time, however I need the ability to interrupt
the system while its scheduling a plan.  I would like to be able to
interrupt using a keystroke (like control q).  What I want in a nutshell
is a function that will test to see if this particular keystroke has
happened and return true if it has nil otherwise.  I know where in
my code I want to handle this I just need some ideas as to how.
One idea I had was to start a seperate process written in c that
would handle keyboard input, when it detects the keystroke it could
set a flag in shared memory that my lisp process would recognise.

Can anyone think of a more simple solution?

Thanks,

brian