From: Chad J. Woodford
Subject: Allegro/Emacs interface
I was using the Allegro/Emacs interface with Emacs 18.x and loving it but
now I've switched to Lucid-Emacs and the C-c keys bindings don't work
anymore.  I've been looking through my .emacs and site-init files for the
source of the problem but I'm at wits end.  Does anyone know how or why
this is happening?  I think it might have to do with the fact that emacs
18.x could handle the following line:

(require 'tags)

but lucid-emacs complains about it.

---
|Chad Woodford                         | Information is not knowledge      |
|Grad Student                          | Knowledge is not wisdom           |
|Clarkson University                   | Wisdom is not truth               |
|Potsdam, NY                           | Truth is not beauty               |
|--------------------------------------+ Beauty is not love                |
·········@sun.soe.clarkson.edu         | Love is not music                 |
|http://jupiter.ece.clarkson.edu:5050/ | Music is the best...              |
+--------------------------------------+--------------------->Frank Zappa<-+
From: Kevin Thompson
Subject: Re: Allegro/Emacs interface
In article <··········@library.erc.clarkson.edu> ········@mercury.ece.clarkson.edu.soe writes:
>I was using the Allegro/Emacs interface with Emacs 18.x and loving it but
>now I've switched to Lucid-Emacs and the C-c keys bindings don't work
>anymore.  I've been looking through my .emacs and site-init files for the
>source of the problem but I'm at wits end.  Does anyone know how or why
>this is happening?  I think it might have to do with the fact that emacs
>18.x could handle the following line:
>
>(require 'tags)
>
>but lucid-emacs complains about it.

Get the newest version, from ftp.uu.net:/vendor/franz/emacs/eli-2.0.11.tar.gz
(you might have to get the new clman files in that dir too, depends on what
version you're coming from -- clman has changed).

By the way, there's a useful reference card (if I do say so :) for the Franz
interface; it's at the CMU AI repository, either via WWW or
ftp.cs.cmu.edu in dir
/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/util/emacs/refcard.
Slightly out-of-date for 2.0.11 in that it says to load fi/site-init rather
than the current fi-site-init.  And clman works a bit differently, otherwise I
think it's all the same, most of the patches 2.0.0-->2.0.11 are bug-fixes,
compatibility for the newer Emacsen, and X menubars for same.

Kevin
--
········@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov     Artificial Intelligence Research Laboratory
(415) 604-4767 (voicemail)        NASA-Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA

Acc to a Roper poll, 97% of Canadians are happy with their gov't health plan.