From: Danyel A Fisher
Subject: Need replacement for CMULISP "Aliens"
I've been using CMULisp quite happily for a bit, calling C functions with
the "Aliens" package.  The school machines, though, are being updated to
Solaris ... and, while they're at it, removing CMULisp (not compatible
with the new OS, I think).

Any ideas on another Lisp that offers a PCL or CLOS, as well as an ability
to call C functions?  [Will kcl or akcl do it?]

--Danyel
--
Danyel Fisher          / "Let us therefore begin by setting all the facts
····@cec.wustl.edu   / aside, for they do not affect the question."
---------------------------------------quotes courtesy Prof. --------------
---------------------------------------Okenfuss' Text and Tradition.-------
From: Ken Bibb
Subject: Re: Need replacement for CMULISP "Aliens"
In <··········@bigfoot.wustl.edu> ····@cec1.wustl.edu (Danyel A Fisher) writes:

>I've been using CMULisp quite happily for a bit, calling C functions with
>the "Aliens" package.  The school machines, though, are being updated to
>Solaris ... and, while they're at it, removing CMULisp (not compatible
>with the new OS, I think).

>Any ideas on another Lisp that offers a PCL or CLOS, as well as an ability
>to call C functions?  [Will kcl or akcl do it?]

akcl has support for C and PCL will work with it (though I'm still in the
process of getting it to work).

--
Ken Bibb		"Imagine what it would be like if TV actually were
·····@qualcomm.com	 good.  It would be the end of everything we know."