From: Erminia De_angelis
Subject: need information about ELIZA
  I need, as soon as possible, programs such as Eliza (or similar)
  or information about FTP places where i can get it.

  E-mail : ········@cs.unibo.it
comp.lang.lisp                                              unsubscribed

From: Henry G. Baker
Subject: Re: need information about ELIZA
In article <··········@dm.unibo.it> ········@dm.unibo.it (Erminia De_angelis) writes:
>  I need, as soon as possible, programs such as Eliza (or similar)
>  or information about FTP places where i can get it.

Erminia, what is it about your childhood that makes you need, as soon
as possible, programs such as Eliza (or similar)?

Does thinking about FTP places make you think of your family?

;-) ;-)
From: Martin Cracauer
········@dm.unibo.it (Erminia De_angelis) writes:

>  I need, as soon as possible, programs such as Eliza (or similar)
>  or information about FTP places where i can get it.

Why do you say that?
--
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Martin Cracauer <········@wavehh.hanse.de>,Voice+4940-5221829,Fax.-5228536
From: Barry Margolin
In article <··········@dm.unibo.it> ········@dm.unibo.it (Erminia De_angelis) writes:
>  I need, as soon as possible, programs such as Eliza (or similar)
>  or information about FTP places where i can get it.

Others have already given the "cute" responses, so I guess I'll give the
useful one.

According to the comp.lang.lisp FAQ, Peter Norvig's book "Paradigms of AI
Programming" contains an Eliza implementation, and all the examples from
the book are online in unix.sri.com:/pub/norvig/.  Here's the section of
the FAQ on Eliza:

Eliza and Similar Programs:

   See Peter Norvig's book and AI_ATTIC (question [6-1] above).

   The doctor.el is an implementation of Eliza for
   GNU-Emacs emacs-lisp. Invoke it with "Meta-X doctor"

   muLISP-87 (a MSDOS Lisp sold by Soft Warehouse) includes
   a Lisp implementation of Eliza.

   Implementations of ELIZA for other languages are mentioned in the AI FAQ.

   The original Parry (in MLISP for a PDP-10) is available in
   labrea.stanford.edu:/pub/parry.tar.Z.

   Other programs, such as RACTER, are listed in part 4 of the AI FAQ.