From: Haenni Urs
Subject: Event driven programming in Common Lisp?
I want to run an external UNIX-program communicating with my SUN Common
Lisp environment. My external program reads a command protocol (ASCII) from
its standard input and notifies events (mouse selection, buttons,
etc.) on its standard output. In the Lisp environment the external
UNIX-process is connected to a stream. Read and write to the stream is
no  problem, but what is missing is an event handler in my LISP
program which only processes the stream when there is a new message on
the input stream (terminated by a newline). I'm looking for Common LISP code
implementing an event handler.

--

Haenni Urs
Institute for Informatics