From: Martti Niilo Tapani Halminen
Subject: 3-D graphics in Common Lisp ?
Hello,

I am investigating building an application-specific CAD system in
Common Lisp. Could you please point me to any available
(commercial or free) 3-D graphics libraries usable in Common Lisp?

  - I've seen mention of a GL API in Allegro CL on SGI machines. Any
    others? (Preferably usable on Sun or HP workstations).

Also any other potentially interesting components (geometry calculations,
persistent object systems, STEP interface programs etc.)?

Answers either by e-mail or posting here, as you prefer.

Thanks for your time,
Martti Halminen
From: Daniel LaLiberte
Subject: Re: 3-D graphics in Common Lisp ?
   From: ········@utu.fi (Martti Niilo Tapani Halminen)

   Could you please point me to any available
   (commercial or free) 3-D graphics libraries usable in Common Lisp?

Sun gave away their LispViews which I think had some 3D stuff in it.

I wrote LGL.lisp, which is Iris GL-like in what it doew provide -
which is very little.  You can get it from cambridge.apple.com in
pub/mcl2/contrib.

   Also any other potentially interesting components (geometry calculations,
   persistent object systems, STEP interface programs etc.)?

I wrote 3DGeometry.lisp, available in the same place.
There is a persistent object system in the same place.

My edebug.el only works with Emacs Lisp, so far.  But it is much
nicer than the CL step thing.

Dan LaLiberte
·······@cs.uiuc.edu
(Fight interface copyrights and software patents.
 Join the League for Programming Freedom: ···@uunet.uu.net)