From: Kris A. Schneider
Subject: Question about ^M at end of line (CMUCL + Emacs)
[ Article crossposted from gnu.emacs.help ]
[ Author was Kris A. Schneider (·············@xerox.com) ]
[ Posted on Sat, 9 Apr 1994 02:33:22 GMT ]

Thought someone in this group might be able to help as well...

I'm running CMU Common Lisp as an inferior-lisp in emacs 19.18 on a SPARC10
with SunOS4.1.3. Here's what I see after executing "M-x run-lisp":

CMU Common Lisp 17e, running on ripple^M
Send bug reports and questions to your local CMU CL maintainer, or to^M
··········@cs.cmu.edu.^M
Loaded subsystems:^M
    Python 1.0, target SPARCstation/Sun 4^M
    CLOS based on PCL version:  September 16 92 PCL (f)^M
    CLX X Library MIT R5.01^M
    Motif toolkit and graphical debugger 1.0^M
    Hemlock 3.5^M
*

Notice the end of lines. Also, when I enter expressions, this is what I get:

* ()
()^M
^M
NIL^M