From: Marty Hall
Subject: Interactive Lisp Tutorials?
Some people I work with want to learn Common Lisp, and have specifically
asked about interactive Lisp tutorials. I think some of us local Lisp
programmers will provide tutoring and projects to work on, but that time
will be limited.

Anybody know of anything along the lines of the old San Marco Lisp
Explorer, but for Lucid or Allegro or Harlequin on Suns, or for the Symbolics?
I'm only looking for something only at the introductory level, and am
already aware of online *documentation* (ala Franz's online version of
CLtR or the Symbolics Document Examiner). I think I probably would have
heard about a commercial product if one existed, but was wondering if
there was some project from academia sitting around available for use.

Does the San Marco Lisp Explorer still exist?

Thanks-
                                        - Marty
(proclaim '(inline skates))
From: Bruce O'Neel
Subject: Re: Interactive Lisp Tutorials?
In article <··········@aplcenmp.apl.jhu.edu> ····@aplcenmp.apl.jhu.edu (Marty Hall) writes:

   Some people I work with want to learn Common Lisp, and have specifically
   asked about interactive Lisp tutorials. I think some of us local Lisp
   programmers will provide tutoring and projects to work on, but that time
   will be limited.

   Anybody know of anything along the lines of the old San Marco Lisp
   Explorer, but for Lucid or Allegro or Harlequin on Suns, or for the Symbolics?
   I'm only looking for something only at the introductory level, and am
   already aware of online *documentation* (ala Franz's online version of
   CLtR or the Symbolics Document Examiner). I think I probably would have
   heard about a commercial product if one existed, but was wondering if
   there was some project from academia sitting around available for use.

   Does the San Marco Lisp Explorer still exist?

   Thanks-
					   - Marty

The student edition of Golden Common Lisp advertised in Winston and
Horn's LISP book comes with a something called the "San Marco Lisp
Explorer."  Not having used the origional I don't know how good it is,
but it was fun to go through.  I now keep it up in a window and use it
as an on-line reference while I'm programming.

bruce

--
"... make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong --
look what they can do with a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of