From: Robert Inder
Subject: Re: Commercial Lisp Work in UK??
From: ······@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Robert Inder)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 1994 12:01:15 GMT

In article <··········@marble.Britain.EU.net> ···@BLACKWATER.symbolics.co.uk
(Guy) writes:

   From: ···@BLACKWATER.symbolics.co.uk (Guy)
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
   Date: 6 Apr 1994 09:25:50 GMT

   Does anyone have any idea if there is any significant
   Lisp work being done in the UK?  I know of a few in the
   defence arena, but very little in the commercial domain.

The funny thing is, my first thought was to suggest that the people best
placed to answer such a question would be Lisp vendors...

   The reason I ask is to gauge how much effort I should
   invest in trying to remain a Lisp programmer, before
   giving it up as a lost cause in the UK and moving on to
   the more mundane world of C/C++.

Planning on moving job, perhaps?  Now, at least...

   Thanks for any info,
   Guy Footring
   Symbolics Ltd.

Robert Inder        HCRC, 2, Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh  EH8 9LW Scotland
Imminent death of the Net predicted due to Mosaic traffic overload...
   For details, see
http://www-server12.nat-enq.com:www12/news18/article354426