From: Kellom{ki Pertti
Subject: Re: Source-code debuggers
From: ยทยท@kaulushaikara.cs.tut.fi (Kellom{ki Pertti)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 1994 09:05:24 GMT

I have been confronted with the issue of source code debugging when
teaching introductory programming courses in Tampere University of
Technology, and I solved the problem by writing a portable debugger
based on instrumenting source code. It is called Psd, (the Portable
Scheme Debugger), and it is available as ftp.cs.tut.fi:/
pub/src/languages/schemes/psd-1.1.tar.Z, as well as in the Scheme
Repository (now at Indiana?).

It does not handle macros, although it would not be impossible to make
it understand them. As you might guessed, it works with Scheme, not
CL. There is an article about it in a recent Lisp Pointers: Psd -- a
Portable Scheme Debugger, Lisp Pointers, VI(1), 1993
--
Pertti Kellom\"aki (TeX format)  #       These opinions are mine,
  Tampere Univ. of Technology    #              ALL MINE !