From: ·····@bbn.com
Subject: RE: TI Lisp chip
Paul, lucky dog that he is, has a 40MHz E2+.  I just have the 25MHz E2,
but it's still nice.  (well, hey, the E1 was nice also, but not as fast)

I don't recall all that many Lisp Chips actually being produced, they
had unending yield problems on the wafers, as I recall, probably partly
due to the low volume (i.e., they weren't getting enough practice on
making them). I couple of times my last project at TI tried ordering E2s
there was a wait until the wafer front-end was getting fired up to make
more. and then the yield was low each time...sigh.

I'm writing this message on my E2 right now, so it still does (most of)
the work I need done.

used machines can be found occasionally. I got several last year (thanks
Rob G), and have bought parts in the past. I've seen microExplorers
available also, but not been fortunate enough to get one (a virtually
ideal situation, as it's not the electricity hog that the full-size
machines are, but it's not Sys-7 friendly either; not that I use Sys-7).

 -- clint

From: Richard M. Alderson III
A related question:  How many MacIvory units (the Symbolics chip(set)) are out
there doing useful work?
--
Rich Alderson   You know the sort of thing that you can find in any dictionary
                of a strange language, and which so excites the amateur philo-
From: Pete Grant
In article <··················@netcom.com> ········@netcom.com (Richard M. Alderson III) writes:
>A related question:  How many MacIvory units (the Symbolics chip(set)) are out
>there doing useful work?
>--
Beats me -- I don't know what the rest of the world is doing, but I can
tell you that my main workhorse (at work) is a Mac IIfx w/Ivory running
Genera 8.3/CLIM 2.1.  In our shop we have six of them, four being used
daily.  In another shop, the AI Cell of PERSINSCOM (that's a military
outfit) there's three, one of which is a Quadra and none of them are
being used. :-(

Pete.