From: Alexander Shendi
Subject: Q: What is EuLisp?
I guess the subject says it all. I have browsed the comp.lang.lisp FAQs,
but could only find that it seems to be a sort of extended Scheme w/
an object system and would like more info.
Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanx,

Alex
--
Alexander Shendi                              ······@saruman.stgt.sub.org

From: Michael Callahan
Subject: Re: Q: What is EuLisp?
Alexander Shendi (······@saruman.stgt.sub.org) wrote:
: I guess the subject says it all. I have browsed the comp.lang.lisp FAQs,
: but could only find that it seems to be a sort of extended Scheme w/
: an object system and would like more info.
: Any pointers will be appreciated.

I believe it stands for European Lisp.  It's like an object
oriented scheme, with modules, threads, exception handling, and
Meta-Object Protocol.

The language specification and an interpreter can be found at
ftp.bath.ac.uk in /pub/eulisp.

   mike
From: Harley Davis
In article <····················@saruman.stgt.sub.org> ······@saruman.stgt.sub.org (Alexander Shendi) writes:

   I guess the subject says it all. I have browsed the comp.lang.lisp FAQs,
   but could only find that it seems to be a sort of extended Scheme w/
   an object system and would like more info.
   Any pointers will be appreciated.

EuLisp is a modern Lisp dialect which, as you say, resembles Scheme
with the addition of an object system, a module system, a condition
system, and threads.  The FAQ describes the public domain
implementation called FEEL available from the University of Bath.  You
can get more information from the August 1993 issue of "Lisp and
Symbolic Computation" (vol 6, no 1/2) which was devoted to EuLisp.  I
can also answer any questions about EuLisp you may have or direct you
to the appropriate person.

-- Harley Davis

nom: Harley Davis			ILOG S.A.
net: ·····@ilog.fr			2 Avenue Gallie'ni, BP 85
tel: (33 1) 46 63 66 66			94253 Gentilly Cedex, France