From: Brian Kendig
Subject: I need to be able to connect Lisp to Telnet
I need to be able to have a Lisp program on a Unix system talk with
Telnet -- that is, be able to connect a stream to a telnet port on a
remote machine, or at the very least be able to interactively send
information to a telnet process and handle information that comes back
from it.

Is there any free implementation of Lisp out there that can do this?
Xlisp lets me launch OS processes but not talk with them after that.
Emacs Lisp would be perfect for this sort of thing, but it's too much
a bare-bones implementation of Lisp for me to cope with -- even after
I load cl.el, it's still lacking too much.

I'm not aware of what other public Lisps are out there; what are my
options?  I'm not in a position to put out any money on this right now.

--
_/_/_/  Brian Kendig                              Je ne suis fait comme aucun
/_/_/  ········@netcom.com                 de ceux que j'ai vus; j'ose croire