From: Hans Tallis
Subject: make(1)-controlled lisp compilations?
I'd like to use Make (1) to control my recompilation of (lucid) lisp source
files.  (Maybe this idea is twisted; in any case it arises from a fond memory
of the liszt compiler.)  This would replace my current defsystems.

Do you have something that will work like this?

To keep around the proper environment I'm thinking I'd have to run something
like this: use a second lisp process, separate from the make process, which
handles requests to either load or compile a specified file; the make commands
would essentially be forms sent to this lisp process for evaluation.

Any pointers appreciated,					--Hans