From: Ron Dolin
Subject: CLISP on Solaris 2.x with CLX
Has anyone tried and successfully been able to get CLISP with CLX (and
finally Garnet) working on a Sun Solaris 2.x (LX)?  I'm having a terrible
time -- CLX bombs when I try to run the demo:

> (xlib::hello-world "")
*** - UNIX error 22 (EINVAL): Invalid argument
1. Break> backtrace-1
- ""
- #<COMPILED-CLOSURE XLIB::OPEN-X-STREAM>

The author of CLISP told me that "apparently CLX does the right thing, so the
problem must be in socket.d in the function connect_to_server.  One of the
system calls to socket() or connect() returns -1 and sets errno=EINVAL. I
don't know why."  I sure don't know why, and I'm not having any luck debugging
this.

					Thanks, Ron
					(ยทยทยท@cs.ucsb.edu)

P.S.  I'm posting this message to comp.windows.garnet also.