From: Tracey Beauchat
Subject: KCL and Compiling
I have no idea who to direct this question to, so I thought
this newsgroup would be best.  One of our users is having a
problem with compiling lisp code using kcl.  Here is a short
example of the problem:

|-> AKCL (Austin Kyoto Common Lisp)  Version(1.615) Thu Aug 19 11:04:55 EDT 1993
|-> Contains Enhancements by W. Schelter
|->
|-> >(compile-file "hw.lsp")
|-> Compiling hw.lsp.
|-> End of Pass 1.
|-> End of Pass 2.  sh: syntax error at line 1: `end of file' unexpected
|->
|-> Correctable error: (SYSTEM "(cd . ;cc  -DVOL=  -I/home/va_sys/sun4.local/akcl/o -Bstatic -temp=. -pipe  -O ") returned a non-zero value 2.
|-> Signalled by UNLESS.
|-> If continued: Continues anyway.
|-> Broken at CERROR.  Type :H for Help.
|-> >>
|->

Obviously the shell command it is trying to execute is malformed
(missing paren.).  Does anyone have an idea where to find this
problem to correct it?

Thanks for any help, and could you please reply to me directly
since I don't monitor this newsgroup.  Thanks again.

-Tracey

                        Tracey A. Beauchat
*********   ***   ***   ***   ***    The College of William & Mary
   ***      *********   ********     Department of Computer Science
   ***      ***   ***   ***   ***    Williamsburg, VA  23185
       EMAIL: ······@cs.wm.edu         PHONE: (804)221-3468
         <-[ " The truth is a virus! " - Harry Hardon ]->