From: Gallesio Erick
Subject: ANNOUNCING STk 1.00
ANNOUNCING STk 1.00
-------------------

STk is a graphical package which rely on Tk and the Scheme programming
language. Concretely it can be seen as the J. Ousterhout's Tk package where
the Tcl language has been replaced by Scheme.

Features of STk
---------------

* All the commands defined by the Tk toolkit are available to the STk
  interpreter (tk commands are seen as a special type of objects by the
  interpreter).

* Callback are expressed in Scheme

* Tk variables (such are -textvariable) are reflected back into Scheme
  as Scheme variables.

* File images are possible (on SunOS 4.1.x only)

* (nearly) R4RS interpreter (Some number procedures are not implemented,
  over-simplified call/cc, symbol case is significative). Next release would
  be closer from R4RS

* Clos/Dylan syntax like OO extension. This extension is really SLOW and part
  of it will be re-written in C

* A set of classes have been defined to manipulate Tk commands (menu, buttons,
  scales, canvas, canvas items) as Scheme objects.

Machines
--------

STk runs on the following machines

	- Sparc (SUNOS 4.1.x)
	- Dec 5xxx (Ultrix 4.2)

If you port it on another Unix box, please let me know your diffs.

Distribution
------------

You can take a relase of STk on kaolin.unice.fr (192.134.39.49) by anonymous
ftp in /pub/STk-1.00.tar.gz (or /pub/STk-1.00.tar.Z).

Please send comments, ideas, bug reports (or better: bug fixes) to ··@unice.fr

Enjoy.

Erick Gallesio					  tel : (33) 92-94-26-04
Universite de Nice - Sophia Antipolis		telex : GRP970 006
I3S,  CNRS - URA 1376 - Bat 4			   fax: (33) 92-94-28-98
250, avenue Albert Einstein			 email: ··@unice.fr
06560 Valbonne -  Sophia Antipolis

                     ,-, .-,
                    /-- (_/