From: Ben Moreland
Subject: Print Files in CLOE
I would like to print a file from within CLOE (a subset of
CL by Symbolics that runs on a PC). I am using CLOE 4.0
with CLIM 1.1. I would like to simply do one of two things.
Either open the printer as a file when running on the PC, and
write directly to the printer. Or, I can easily write the file
to the disk. I could then call the DOS function
'cat file > PRN'. I realize that this second option requires
an FFI, and that there is a demo verion supplied with
CLOE 4.0. However, I would think that there must be an
easier way than the 7 or eight files used to do the simple
example that they provide.

I would greatly! appreciate any information anyone has on
doing something similar in CLOE. (Please, no responses for
Lucid, Allegro, etc. They each have their own FFI.) I have
contacted Symbolics, but was hoping someone on the net might
have already done something similar. (There is no CLOE
news group.)

Please reply via email. Thanks for any help.

ben

| Benjamin Moreland       | United Technologies Res Ctr   |
| Assistant Res. Engineer | 411 Silver Lane, MS-85        |
| ยทยทยท@antares.res.utc.com | E. Hartford, CT  06108        |
|  tel: (203) 727-7792    | fax: (203) 727-7857           |
| "Knowledge without action is useless." (Author unknown) |