From: Cyber Surfer
Subject: C++ To LISP
In article <··················@paris.ics.uci.edu>,
········@clyde.ICS.UCI.EDU (GADMAN) writes:

>         I apologize if this is a frequently asked question, but is there
> a program or utility that translates C++ or C code to LISP?  Any information
> regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated.

I would expect this to be very hard to do. How would
pointer arithmetic translate into Lisp? I'm don't think
this can be done, tho you could simulate a virtual
machine that mimics the C model.

C++ compilers are hard to write, so I'm told, even
compared to a C compiler. A number of programmers
of C compilers have underestimated the amount of
time required to develop a C++ compiler.

Martin Rodgers

--- Cyber Surfing on CIX ---