From: Bill Hogan
Subject: Re: compiler
 DS> I have chosen Lisp as my language to learn for a class project
 DS> but am having a hard time finding a compiler for PC's..My
 DS> instructor has offered to download any file that i needed off
 DS> FTP and was wondering if anyone knew of a good compiler for
 DS> Lisp that runs on a 486 based machine.If so could you please
 DS> respond back with the site where i could find this file and of
 DS> course file name. SANTOS

Santos,

 You do not specifically exclude Scheme, so I will assume that you
 include it in the concept "Lisp" and recommend xscheme by Dave Betz.

 I happen to have downloaded xscheme from the Compuserve cyberplus forum
 but you should be able to find it on any decent computer-oriented BBS.

 xscheme.zip includes all source code required so that you can compile
 it from scratch if you have a "C" compiler; I compiled it using Turbo
 C++ 3.0 on my 486DX without a hitch.

 Bill

BILL HOGAN

 * Origin: PCUG BBS - San Francisco HST/V.32 415-621-2609 (8:914/201.0)