From: Brendan Murphy
Subject: Building KCL on a Sun
I'm trying to build KCL on a Sun3 workstation.  I can't seem to find a version
number for the code, but it is the current version on the doc.ic.ac.uk FTP
archive.  We are running SunOS 4.1.1.

All the binaries compile OK, but I get the following error message from the
linker when linking in the unixport directory:

ld: ../lsp/defmacro.o: bad secondary magic number

I notice that the make rule for defmacro.o (and everything else in the lsp
directory) is:

cc -c -O defmacro.c
cat defmacro.data >> defmacro.o

I guess that the last line is upsetting the linker?  Does anyone know how to
fix this?  If not, does anyone know where I can get further information?

Also, I guess that I should set MAXPAGE=8192 in unixport/makefile, but
what about VSSIZE? (whatever that means)

Finally, is there a Sun4 port of KCL around?

Please reply by email.

Thanks in advance,

Brendan
Brendan Murphy						·······@buck.ac.uk
Department of Computer Science				Tel: 44 (0)280 814080
University of Buckingham, Buckingham, MK18 1EG, UK	Fax: 44 (0)280 822245