From: Alexander Ponga
Subject: PC Lisp
  I am looking for a PC version of LISP.  I know that this is a faq,
but the faq file which I have read does not seem to have a comprehensive
lisp of PC Lisp implementations.  I have hear from various
possibly unknowledgable sources that Gold Hill has several versions
of avaiable.  I have heard that there is a version from RainDrop
software, another from Sapiens Software, another from Soft Warehouse
and several more.  I have used LISP on a mainframe but will shortly
be getting a PC and I'd apprecieate it if any uses of any of these
systems could email me a short review of their systemand
especially of the minimum and realistic memory, Hard Disk, processor
speed, and Cache size required. My needs for Common Lisp are minimal
in most areas such as user interface, graphics, disk acess.  However,
they will be very extensive in some highly sophisticated and
complex symbolic processing closely related to linguistic analysis
for which I must make full use of all of the language's power.
    Once again any help for advice is greatly appreciated especially
since it will help me choose my required memory, processor, Hard
drive, cache, etc. for buying the computer which I have
not yet done until I know exactly what I need.