From: Karsten Poeck
Subject: :ccl
I used :ccl to features implementation dependent stuff for
Macintosh Common Lisp, former Coral Common Lisp.

According the feature discussion in the lisp-faq this should be possible,
but
I tried the stuff in LispWorks from Harlequin I found that they also
use :ccl in their feature list and had some error due to this.

What means :ccl in  LispWorks *features*? Do they have common roots with
Coral Common Lisp?

Karsten Poeck

From: lawrence.g.mayka
Subject: Re: :ccl
In article <··················@wina65.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de> ·····@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de (Karsten Poeck) writes:

   What means :ccl in  LispWorks *features*? Do they have common roots with
   Coral Common Lisp?

I suspect it stands for Cambridge Common Lisp (from Cambridge,
England).
From: John Aspinall

   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
   From: ···@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (lawrence.g.mayka)
   Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1993 14:24:24 GMT

   In article <··················@wina65.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de> ·····@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de (Karsten Poeck) writes:

      What means :ccl in  LispWorks *features*? Do they have common roots with
      Coral Common Lisp?

   I suspect it stands for Cambridge Common Lisp (from Cambridge,
   England).

Larry is correct.  Which brings up a little plea for any Lisp
implementors out there:

  Please choose a long feature name in addition to any short feature
  names to distinguish your platform.  You may think it's cool to have
  ?CL (for some single letter value of ?) as your distinguishing mark,
  but there's only 26 of them, and many are taken already.

The CLIM implementors (to name one large system that has
multi-platform sources) had to spend some time replacing #+CCL with
something more unique.