From: ········@wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu
Subject: ALLEGRO LISP, WHAT IS IT?..HELP
Hi there,

Does anybody know anything about a aoftware called ALLEGRO LISP for Windows!!
Any information, documentation, references would be appreciated.

-=Tammam=-

From: ······@urz.unibas.ch
Subject: Re: ALLEGRO LISP, WHAT IS IT?..HELP
In article <····················@wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu>, ········@wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu writes:
> Hi there,
>
> Does anybody know anything about a aoftware called ALLEGRO LISP for Windows!!
> Any information, documentation, references would be appreciated.
>

> -=Tammam=-
Try it with Franz : ·······@franz.com
The actual version runs under Windows 3.1, an upgrade for NT should be finished
in January 94.
Silvio
From: ········@pearl.tufts.edu
In article <····················@wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu>, ········@wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu writes:

> Does anybody know anything about a aoftware called ALLEGRO LISP for Windows!!
> Any information, documentation, references would be appreciated.

Allegro Commom Lisp is a complete implementation of Common Lisp running on
Windows.  It's a great CL!

That said, it is v. 1.0, and has its share of v.1.0 bugs.  However, Franz Inc.
has a BBS with patches uploaded, and most of the bugs have to do with rather
intricate windows interface interactions.  The generic CL has proven very
stable.  And, as a major feature, it implements CLOS, a very versatile O-O
'language'.

Now, when will Franz, Inc. port it to NT (or OS/2)?
From: Cyber Surfer
········@wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu writes:

> Does anybody know anything about a aoftware called ALLEGRO LISP for Windows!!
> Any information, documentation, references would be appreciated.

You can email ····@franz.com and ask about it, as they sell it.

Allegro/PC should not be confused with the Unix version, as
it was once called Procyon Common Lisp, before Franz acquire
it as their Lisp for Windows.

The FFI uses Microsoft's dynamic linking, so it should work
with any DLL. This will be language independant.

Martin Rodgers

--- Cyber Surfing on CIX ---