From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Has anyone ported MockMma (Richard Fateman) to MCL2?
In article <··················@mcl> ········@mcl.ucsb.edu (Bake Timmons) writes:
>  More specifically, MockMma has the following:
>
>    (:use :common-lisp :excl)
>
>  MCL2 does not have any package under the ":excl" name.  Any hints as to what
>this could mean?  I think Franz Lisp must have it.  Thanks for any input.

I don't think Franz Lisp has packages (it's mostly like MacLisp); I think
you mean Allegro CL, which Franz, Inc. sells.  EXCL is the package
containing Allegro's extensions to Common Lisp (the package name is because
Allegro CL used to be called Franz Extended CL).

You could try removing the :EXCL and see whether it works; it may not
actually be using any Allegro extensions.  If that doesn't work, there's
probably an MCL package with MCL's extensions.  They may even have many of
the same extensions, since I think MCL shares some heritage with Allegro CL
(MCL was called Macintosh Allegro CL when Coral was selling it, and renamed
when Apple bought Coral).

From: Dave Seaman
In article <············@early-bird.think.com> ······@think.com (Barry
Margolin) writes:
> You could try removing the :EXCL and see whether it works; it may not
> actually be using any Allegro extensions.  If that doesn't work, there's
> probably an MCL package with MCL's extensions.  They may even have many
of
> the same extensions, since I think MCL shares some heritage with Allegro
CL
> (MCL was called Macintosh Allegro CL when Coral was selling it, and
renamed
> when Apple bought Coral).

The MCL package containing MCL extensions is called :ccl (as in Coral
Common Lisp). Many (most?) of the extensions in :ccl are
Macintosh-specific (QuickDraw graphics, for example).

--
Dave Seaman
···@seaman.cc.purdue.edu