From: Jeffrey D. Morris
Subject: XLISP-STAT
  I have a programming problem that I hope someone can help me with.
I have a diagonal matrix, L, of rank p and am trying to get sums of the diagonal
elements.  What I need to do is sum elements 1 to p, then 2 to p,..., p-1 to p. each time
outputing the sum.  I have written two do loops to do the summing, but am unable to
figure out how to output the intermediate values.  I would also like to output another
function value at the same time as the intermediate sum that is a function of that sum.
I am new at Lisp programming and am using XLISP-STAT on a Mac.
  Thanks in advance!!

--
Jeffrey D. Morris
Eastman Kodak Co.