From: Espen J. Vestre
Subject: Re: The New Lisp Machine
  After having fought an endless battle with a Xerox 1186 (stand-alone,
for those of you who knows what _that_ meant) a few years ago, I'm not
very attracted to the idea of a new lisp machine.  Although it doesn't
have to take over all the work of a OS, lisp might still be convinient as
a shell to run different pieces of software in.  And no.1 on my wishlist
is _Prolog_.  A portable Common Lisp Prolog-to-Lisp compiler (there
already are a few slow pd interpreters) would be SOO useful, and if it
were well integrated with common lisp it would make Prolog programming
much more fun, because Prolog then finally would have a decent set of
built-in functions, and because you could do the non-prologish
programming in a more suitable language.

 Espen J. Vestre,                                  ·····@coli.uni-sb.de
 Universitaet des Saarlandes,
 Computerlinguistik, Gebaeude 17.2
 Im Stadtwald,                                  tel. +49 (681) 302 4501
 D-6600 SAARBRUECKEN, Germany                   fax. +49 (681) 302 4351