From: Johannes Schranck
Subject: LISP for Macinthosh ?
I am looking for LISP for my LC II !

If you can help me, - mail me !

Jonas

From: Craig Boyle
Subject: Re: LISP for Macinthosh ?
In article <··········@obelix.uni-muenster.de> ·······@uni-muenster.de (Johannes Schranck) writes:
>I am looking for LISP for my LC II !
>
>If you can help me, - mail me !

Macintosh Common Lisp (MCL) 2.0 is what you want. The cost in the
US is $495. It is a very full Lisp and the accompanying CD-ROM
is full of useful code. They also ship floppies, so you do not
have to have a CD-ROM drive.

You wil probably need the maximum 10MB on your LC II, my wife uses
MCL with 6MB on an LC II (sys 7.01, few extensions) and it is
barely ok.

There are probably public domain Lisp's for the mac, but I do not
know of any.

Craig

From: Fred Dushin
In article <·····················@cactus.org> ·····@cactus.org (Craig Boyle) writes:

>There are probably public domain Lisp's for the mac, but I do not
>know of any.

Try xlisp, available on sumex.  It has a subset of the features of
CL, but it's smaller and less consumptive of RAM.  Does fine
for vanilla lisp coding, but there is little toolbox support.

(You may have to write a few macros to make it run CL code,
but hey, it's a good way to learn lisp!)

Fred Dushin
Syracuse, NY
From: Devin Glyn McRorie
For a fully functional public domain version of Lisp in the Macintosh, call Educorp a distributor of public domain software.  They have an Xlisp implementation for the macintosh. I have it and it works great.  It'll only cost about $20!

				Enjoy!,

				Dev
From: Steve Strassmann
   >In article <··········@obelix.uni-muenster.de>
   > ·······@uni-muenster.de (Johannes Schranck) writes:
   >
   >I am looking for LISP for my LC II !
   >
   >If you can help me, - mail me !

Of course, I agree that MCL (Macintosh Common Lisp) from Apple
is the best lisp for the mac, but you could say I'm a bit biased.

Some other folks on this newsgroup have recommended XLisp for the
Mac. While XLisp has many commendable features, my vote for "best
non-commercial Lisp for the Mac" goes to MacGambit 2.0, available
from trex.iro.umontreal.ca. It's an excellent Scheme implementation
with online help, full source code, and some limited support for
graphics.

Steve Strassmann
Apple Computer
·····@apple.com