From: Randy Coulman
Subject: Version control and Lisp
I'm sure I've seen this topic discussed here in the past, but I don't
remember the outcome, and it's not in the FAQ.

What is a recommended way of doing version control in Lisp?

The system I'm currently developing has about 12.5K lines of code right now
(and growing).  In the next short while I will have a relatively stable and
complete version to use as a basis for some or all of the following:

- using some of the tools on another project
- experimenting with different algorithms for various tasks
- add new featues

Right now, I'm the only programmer on the project.  However, there will be
at least one summer student co-developing with me this summer, and one or
two grad students using the package as a basis for their work.

As I said, there are currently about 12.5K lines of code, using CL, CLOS, and
CLIM.  The code is in multiple directories and packages.  I'm currently
leaning towards RCS/CVS, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has good or bad
experience to post.

If it makes a difference, I'm using Allegro CL and their Emacs interface, so
something with Emacs tools to support it would be nice.

Randy
--
Randy A. Coulman                |       ARIES Laboratory
Research Assistant              |       Department of Computational Science
·······@cs.Usask.ca             |       Saskatoon, SK   S7N 0W0