From: Robert Goldman
Subject: CMU Lisp Emacs Interface (SPARC)
I would like to share experiences and code with other users of CMU
Common Lisp on SPARC stations.  In particular, I am interested in
getting up an editor interface that works well.  Until now I have
found that:

1.  running Hemlock is prohibitively slow because one has to run two
common lisp jobs --- one for Hemlock and one for the slave.  My
SPARCstation II just isn't up to the strain, particularly when I
want to do a lot of compilation.

2.  running the ilisp mode under GNU emacs is much less of a
cycle/memory hog, but the communication between the emacs process
and the lisp process is really dodgy.  In particular, I usually find
that once the lisp process has entered the debugger (even if I leave
it again), I can never get the interface to successfully find source
code, complete function names, etc.,etc. again.  I suspect that the
interruption stuff doesn't work properly and I'm also pretty sure
that the regexps for interpreting the results of computations in the
Common Lisp process are faulty.

I'd like to know any partial results you all have with an eye to
sharing results and combined efforts.