From: Valery Lambert
Subject: Syntax of Lambda Calculus
I'm looking for an abstract syntax of the lambda calculus ( a description
of the semantic (static and dynamic) would be appreciated).
I think someone made already this, maybe in a book or somewhere else.
Any Informations will be welcome!!

	Thanks for your help,

					Valy

From: Mark
Subject: Re: Syntax of Lambda Calculus
term -> variable | constant | term term | lambda variable term | ( term )

with the following disambiguation rules:

              lambda v t1 t2 = (lambda v t1) t2  (or the other way, I forgot)
              t1 t2 t3       = (t1 t2) t3
From: Torben AEgidius Mogensen
·····@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Mark) writes:

>term -> variable | constant | term term | lambda variable term | ( term )

>with the following disambiguation rules:

>              lambda v t1 t2 = (lambda v t1) t2  (or the other way, I forgot)
>              t1 t2 t3       = (t1 t2) t3

It is the other way: lambda v t1 t2 = lambda v (t1 t2).

The syntax used above differs from the standard notation by not having
a '.' in the abstraction rule: lambda variable '.' term. The lambda is
usually written as the lower case greek letter.

Also, you have: t1 lambda v '.' t2 t3 = t1 (lambda v '.' t2 t3).

You often allow the more general lambda variable ... variable '.' term
as a shorthand for lambda variable '.' ... lambda variable '.' term.

	Torben Mogensen (·······@diku.dk)