From: Jean Hsu
Subject: LUCID Common Lisp : Stack Overflow
My Lisp program encounters the following error at different points
each time it is executed :

Expanding main stack due to overflow...
Expanded. Please be patient--it will take a
few minutes to build debugger data structures.
Synchronous interrupt while deferring -- allowing it anyway
;;; Warning: Stopping scan due to bad frame
>>Trap: Stack grown due to overflow

INVOKE-DEBUGGER:
   Required arg 0 (CONDITION: #<Condition STACK-OVERFLOW 117B001E>
:A  0: Abort to Lisp Top Level

Does anyone know how to pre-allocate a larger space for the stack
to prevent this problem from occurring? I am using Lucid Common
Lisp/DECsystem Version 4.0. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jean Hsu
School of Electrical Engineering
Purdue University
ยทยทยทยท@ecn.purdue.edu