From: Robin Windels
Subject: Re: LISP Denotational Semantics
> Does anyone know of any publications detailing a *denotational* semantics
> of LISP - I want the dynamically scoped, can treat data-as-programs
> versions of LISP, rather than tidied up versions such as Scheme.
>
> Or is there a good reason why they don't exist ?

Is there a reason why 'data-as-programs' depends on dynamic scoping? ;-)
#define FLAMEBAIT
If there isn't denotational semantics for Lisps other than Scheme
(I can't remember if it was Clinger that did a complete one), it's
probably because they aren't as nice and clean as Scheme.
(ooh that's gotta hurt ;-) )
#undef FLAMEBAIT
Actually, it shouldn't be difficult to extend a static scoped definition
to a dynamic scope definition.  I just can't think of it off the point
of my head.
Cheers,
Robin
| Robin Windels - ·····@Freenet.Victoria.bc.ca   |