From: Fred Dushin
Subject: calling emacs from within Sun CL
I am having some trouble calling emacs from within lisp using the
"shell" command (Sun4, Sun Common Lisp 4.0.0).  I can get into
emacs no problem, but when I exit emacs, I get the following:

>>Trap: Unexpected interrupt 23: input/output possible or complete

SYSTEM:CHECK-DEFERRED-INTERRUPTS:
:A  0: Abort to Lisp Top Level

-> :b
SYSTEM:CHECK-DEFERRED-INTERRUPTS <- SYSTEM:CHECK-DEFERRED-INTERRUPTS <- SYSTEM:C
HECK-DEFERRED-INTERRUPTS <- SYSTEM:CHECK-DEFERRED-INTERRUPTS <- SYSTEM:CHECK-DEF
ERRED-INTERRUPTS <- SHELL <- EVAL <- SYSTEM:ENTER-TOP-LEVEL
-> :v
SYSTEM:CHECK-DEFERRED-INTERRUPTS:
   Local 0: NIL
   Unwind-protect
   Local 1: #<Area "" 4CCACE>
   Unwind-protect
   Local 2: 1131933
->

Anyone have similar trouble?  BTW, vi and most any other command works
fine, so it must have something to do with emacs, and if it were my
choice, I'd just avoid using emacs all together (as I generally do).
But this is for other people...

Thanks,
Fred Dushin
Syaracuse, NY