From: Daniel Widyono
Subject: simple question on .emacs: auto-fill-mode
[chomp chomp chomp]

Allo world.  I have a simple question about the .emacs startup code.
Would someone kindly inform me as to how I can turn *off*
auto-fill-mode automatically for any file that has a period in its
filename?  I used to think a-f-mode was great, and I still would
rather have it on automatically for most modes, but C-mode and
Lisp-mode don't need it.  Unfortunately, editing a file such as .cshrc
doesn't turn on any such Fund. modes, so I need a more general way to
turn off auto-fill-mode (more general than turning it off for certain
Fund. modes).

Thank you muchly in advance.

PS.  E-mail is preferred, but I will check this newsgroup for a couple
of days.  As it is, I spend at least 1 hour a day reading news.  I
don't *want* to... I have to.

<sigh>

Daniel Widyono      ·······@be.seas.upenn.edu     BE  '94