From: ···@sef1.slisp.cs.cmu.edu
Subject: Quick survey: CMU Common Lisp
Distributing code by anonymous FTP is convenient for everyone with decent
internet connections, but it has the disadvantage that it is hard to keep
track of who is using the code.  Every so often we need to justify our
existence to someone and need to show them that there are a non-trivial
number of real users out there.

If you are now using, or have recently used, CMU Common Lisp, I would very
much appreciate it if you would send me a quick E-mail message with your
name, organization, and (if it's not a secret) just a few words about what
you're doing with it.  (For example: "Using it to teach an undergrad class
of 20 people.")

Please indicate if you are an end user of the Lisp we supply or whether you
have used some or all of our sources in some Lisp product or package of
your own.

Users within the CMU School of Computer Science need not respond.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott E. Fahlman			Internet:  ····@cs.cmu.edu
Senior Research Scientist		Phone:     412 268-2575
School of Computer Science              Fax:       412 681-5739
Carnegie Mellon University		Latitude:  40:26:33 N
5000 Forbes Avenue			Longitude: 79:56:48 W
Pittsburgh, PA 15213