From: Fernando Mato Mira
Subject: Standardized FASL files?
I was wondering, with the extensions provided by some
vendors, it is possible to load FORTRAN or C routines, but
what is the status regarding FASL files? Let's say I develop
a completely X3J13-compliant library in CMU CL and I deliver
it in object format, I think it is reasonable to expect it to
be loadable by somebody using an Allegro or Lucid system.

Is this possible now, in the near future, never??

--
Fernando D. Mato Mira
Computer Graphics Lab			  "There is only one Language

FAX 	 : +41 (21) 693 - 5328

Disclaimer:

disclaim([],[]).
disclaim([H|T],[DH,DT]) :- fixed_point_disclaimer(H,DH),
			   disclaim(T,DT).
fixed_point_disclaimer(Text,fixed_point_disclaimer(Text,_)).
From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: Standardized FASL files?
In article <··········@disuns2.epfl.ch> ········@di.epfl.ch (Fernando Mato Mira) writes:

   I was wondering, with the extensions provided by some
   vendors, it is possible to load FORTRAN or C routines, but
   what is the status regarding FASL files? Let's say I develop
   a completely X3J13-compliant library in CMU CL and I deliver
   it in object format, I think it is reasonable to expect it to
   be loadable by somebody using an Allegro or Lucid system.

   Is this possible now, in the near future, never??

   --
   Fernando D. Mato Mira
   Computer Graphics Lab			  "There is only one Language
   Swiss Federal Institute of Technology	    and McCarthy is its prophet
   ········@di.epfl.ch

Excellent point. I am pretty sure that there will be enormous problems
to achieve something like this.

--
Marco Antoniotti
Robotics Lab		| room: 1219 - tel. #: (212) 998 3370

...e` la semplicita` che e` difficile a farsi.
...it is simplicity that is difficult to make.
				B. Brecht