From: Zahid Ahmed
Subject: Common Lisp compilers for DEC Alpha OSF/1
I am curious if there are any public or commercial
Common Lisp compilers for DEC Alpha platforms
running OSF/1. Any information of either working
compilers, or even beta versions would be extremely
helpful. So far I have heard of a compiler from
Envos Inc. called Medley. Anybody having any experiences
with this version of Common Lisp?

Thanks,

Zahid Ahmed
Project Sequoia 2000 Visualization Group
San Deigo Supercomputer Center
·····@cassatt.sdsc.edu
619/534-5105
From: Arun Welch
Subject: Re: Common Lisp compilers for DEC Alpha OSF/1
In article <·········@pravda.sdsc.edu> ·····@cassatt.sdsc.edu (Zahid Ahmed) writes:
   I am curious if there are any public or commercial
   Common Lisp compilers for DEC Alpha platforms
   running OSF/1. [...] So far I have heard of a compiler from
   Envos Inc. called Medley.

I think you mean Venue. Yup, they've got an implementation for
Alpha's, in beta test now.

 Anybody having any experiences with this version of Common Lisp?

Bunches, but then I work for them, so I'm biased. You might want to ask on the
mailing list devoted to that implementation, ·········@cis.ohio-state.edu.
I haven't used the Alpha port yet, but I intend to soon. I've been
using the Ultrix and Sun ports of late.

...arun
Arun Welch
Lisp Systems Programmer, Lab for AI Research, Ohio State University
·····@cis.ohio-state.edu