From: Hovig Heghinian
Subject: Is there a dolists (i.e. parallel dolist)?
   Given two lists of identical size (ideally extensible to trees) use
dolists to progress through them in parallel, e.g.

                                  +
   (dolist                        |   (dolists
     (element list                |     ( (elt1 list1)
       (myfunction element) )     |       (elt2 list2) )
                                  |     (myfunction elt1 elt2) )
                                  +

   Today's Tongue Twister: Do dolists exists?

Thanks,  =)
--
Hovig Heghinian  | `Once I fell in love with the art of calculation, I
U of Illinois at |  thought that no philosophical notion can be constructed
From: Peter Dudey, Order of the Golden Parentheses
Subject: Re: Is there a dolists (i.e. parallel dolist)?
In article <··········@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> ·····@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Hovig Heghinian) writes:

>   Given two lists of identical size (ideally extensible to trees) use
>dolists to progress through them in parallel, e.g.
>
>                                  +
>   (dolist                        |   (dolists
>     (element list                |     ( (elt1 list1)
>       (myfunction element) )     |       (elt2 list2) )
>                                  |     (myfunction elt1 elt2) )
>                                  +

Well, you could do:

(mapcar #'myfunction list1 list2)

Remember, if it makes sense, it's already built into Lisp.  Otherwise, you can do it in C...

--
: Peter Dudey, ······@storm.cs.orst.edu, 257 NE 13th, Salem, OR 97301      :
: Oregon State University, Dept. of Computer Science   (MS student in AI)  :